It is said that a person’s beard reflects the individual’s personality. Growing beard has always been in fashion, although in the past few years there has been a dip in the same. But whatever goes around, comes back. So currently, once again beard is a style statement. Here are some ways to deal with growing a beard for the first time:
- a) Be patient: For most people, it takes almost one month to have fully grown the beard. Initially, the beard should not be over-shaped, as one should first be aware of the complete structure. So no trimmer should be used to make all the facial hair even.
- b) Come to terms with the Itch: For the first week, there will be a prickly sensation, as if a cactus is poking the skin. But this sensation is just a temporary one and nothing should be done apart from bearing the same, as this is the time when the beard brushes and grows in one direction.
- c) Keep it Clean: Facial hair should be kept clean regularly, especially while it is growing, otherwise, there might be dirt trapped underneath. It is advisable to wash facial hair twice a week, just like using shampoo for hair on the head. A gentle shampoo along with a conditioner is preferable.
- d) Prevent hard lines: Initially, the hair should be allowed to grow about 1-2 inches above Adam’s apple. Then it should be allowed to be faded using a trimmer.
- e) Face must be shaped: This means let’s say if someone has a round face, then a square-ish beard would look appropriate. The aim should be same for all though, the trim should be tighter along the cheeks and a little longer hair should be kept in the goatee.
So, when growing facial hair for the first time, do the above the mentioned things as that would ensure a healthy and good looking beard. Growing beard is a daunting and thrilling experience, although it requires discipline and routine like most other things in life. Finally, it is also important to keep in mind, that genes have a major role to play here. So everybody might not have the same length, density, and thickness of facial hair. Apart from this, now is a good time to start grooming the beard.